- Given a location on the sky, archive name, and size in degrees, contact the IRSA server to retrieve a list of archive images. The list contains enough information to support mArchiveGet downloads.
- mArchiveList survey band object|location width height outfile
- Can be one of:
- Case insensitive - can be one of:
- (2MASS) j, h, k
- (SDSS) u, g, r, i, z
- (DPOSS) f, j, n
- (DSS) DSS1, DSS1R, DSS1B, DSS2, DSS2B, DSS2R, DSS2IR
- Object name or coordinate string to be resolved by NED (if string includes spaces, must be surrounded by double quotes)
- Width of area of interest, in degrees
- Height of area of interest, in degrees
- Path to output table
- [struct stat="OK", count=num-images]
- outfile is an ASCII table of image metadata for the region and survey of interest. The last column in the table is a URL that mArchiveGet can use to retrieve the image.
To retrieve metadata and file handles for 2MASS J-band images, covering a half-degree by half-degree area around m31:
- mArchiveList 2mass j m31 0.5 0.5 2mass_m31_j.tbl
- [struct stat="OK", count=18]
Output file: 2mass_m31_j.tbl.
To retrieve GPFS file handles for SDSS u-band images:
- mArchiveList -s gpfs sdss u m101 0.2 0.2 sdss_m101_u.tbl
- [struct stat="OK", count=16]
Output file: sdss_m101_u.tbl.
- [struct stat="OK", count=num-files]
- [struct stat="ERROR", msg="Usage: mArchiveList [-s source] survey band object|location width height outfile (object/location must be a single argument string)"]
- [struct stat="ERROR", msg="Can't open output file outfile"]
- [struct stat="ERROR", msg="Error message from IRSA's ImgList service"]
- [struct stat="ERROR", msg="Couldn't find host hostname"] (Unable to resolve hostname for IRSA's ImgList service)
- [struct stat="ERROR", msg="Couldn't create socket()"] (Error opening TCP connection)
- [struct stat="ERROR", msg="hostname: connect failed"] (Server that hosts IRSA's ImgList service is unreachable)